Available to all Health Care Card and Pension Card holders
The aim of Hornsby Connect is to provide support and hope to those that need it most within the community. With a growing population, the Hornsby Shire covers a large region and has fallen victim to the many social issues that are reflected within the wider society. Hornsby Connect helps our clients overcome great personal trials such as relationship breakdown, unemployment, cultural separation and simply people experiencing financial hardship barriers all resulting in isolation.
Hornsby Connect is an independent Not for Profit organisation established by a number of local residents with the focus in helping others whom are ‘doing it tough’.
- Provide a safe environment for its clients and volunteers.
- Operate a food distribution point that will provide people experiencing financial hardship with affordable groceries.
- Provide a café type facility for people to meet and get to know one other.
- Assist people who are socially isolated to reconnect with society.
- Provide personalized support to long-term unemployed and for those that have been caught-up in the poverty trap.
- Provide counselling and referral assistance.
Hornsby Connect Vision
“A hand-up for all in need”
“Hornsby Connect will strive to provide members of our community that are in need with HOPE by providing a safe Community Hub that operates on a “hand up” approach in order to connect people with the community and in providing a food distribution point to those people that are experiencing financial hardship”.
Hornsby Connect Committee
President: Steve Hopwood
Vice President: Stuart Armstrong
Treasurer: David Kerr
Secretary: Ross Catterall
Committee: Bill Bradley, Lucy Dahill, Brian Engert, Lyn Ivimey, Keith Murray
Hornsby Connect Status
- ABN is 71 210 957 229 active from 2 December 2015
- Hornsby Connect Incorporated is registered as an incorporated association under the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009. Incorporation Number is INC1501833 . Date of Incorporation is 15 February 2016.
- Hornsby Connect Inc holds an authority to fundraising under section 13A of the NSW Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 from 21 April 2016 to 20 April 2018. Charitable fundraising number is CFN/24151
- Hornsby Connect Inc has been registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commisssion (ACNC) with the following subtypes:
- advancing social or public welfare
- public benevolent institution
- Effective date is 30 September 2016
- Hornsby Connect Inc has been endorsed , date of effect 29 March 2017, as a deductible gift recipient under Subdivision 30-BA of the Australian Income Tax Act 1997 which enables the association to receive gifts which are tax deductible to donors.
- Public Officer of Hornsby Connect Inc is Stephen Philip Hopwood, 95 Bambil Road, Berowra 2081 from 15 February 2016
- Hornsby Connect Inc has the following insurances through JUA Underwriting with Lloyds, Locked Bag 11, Royal Exchange NSW 1225
- Directors and Officers Liability policy 60474662/2
- Personal Accident & Sickness policy 161075437/1
- Public and Products Liability policy 160474652/2
- Postal address is,
PO Box 1642